There are many ways you can give to Habitat Susquehanna!
All Habitat homeowners go through a rigorous application process, put in at least 250 hours of volunteer work and take financial literacy classes all for the chance to pay back their own mortgage.
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna relies on financial and in-kind support to continue our mission of helping low-income families maintain their homes and/or become homeowners. Currently only 4% of our building materials are donated, the remaining 96% are purchased through financial donations. Your financial support to Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna keeps your charity dollars local. Local giving is a win win for us all, improving our neighborhoods and home values through home ownership.
You can donate by mail, phone, or online!
Habitat for Humanity Susquehanna
205 S. Hays Street, Bel Air, MD 21014
By making a donation in the form of stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other appreciated securities, you are making an investment in the future of our partner families and in our community.
As a donor, you are entitled to take a charitable deduction for the full fair-market value of appreciated securities held longer than one year, and you usually avoid paying the capital gains tax that would be due if you sold the securities.
We will provide you with a receipt for your tax records. Typically, our agency determines your gift date by the date the securities enter our account.
To transfer your security to our agency, please contact Megan Lally at 410-638-4434, ext. 2226, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generous contribution.
Through monthly donations, HopeBuilders provide Habitat Susquehanna with a consistent and reliable source of funding that allows us to plan ahead and reach more families in need of decent, affordable housing.
When you join Habitat Susquehanna’s HopeBuilders, you will join a special group of people reaching out each month to provide affordable housing for families in Harford and Cecil Counties. Together, we can help families achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build better lives.
Become a HopeBuilder today and enjoy:
- Hassle-free monthly donations.
- Automatic donation from your credit card or checking account.
- The knowledge that your donation is put to work immediately.
- Complete statements provided for tax purposes.
- The ability to change or suspend your donation at any time.